SMART stands for Small Motor Accident Repair Technology. Using exact paint matches and a sophisticated approved process, the Shine!® repair technician will restore your car to help keep it in immaculate condition. The technician will come to your home or place of work and expertly repair small dents, scuffs and scrapes in vulnerable body areas. It’s the intelligent way to help maintain the value of your car – and your pride in its pristine condition.
Our Shine!® Technicians Whether it’s a paint, dent or scratch repair, our authorised repairer, Shine!®, has the lifetime guaranteed solution, for as long as the vehicle is owned by you. All repairs are carried out at your choice of convenient location, by our fully trained and accredited technicians. Shine!® is a real alternative to having your vehicle repaired at a body shop.
Protect your car and help protect your no-claims bonus
- Professional repairs for minor scratches, dents, chips and scuffs.
- Completed quickly and effectively at a location of your choice.
- Does not affect your motor insurance no-claims bonus.
- Up to 30 days to register your claim.
- Helps preserve the appearance of your car.
- Can help maximise the resale value of your car.
What does my SMART policy cover?
Please see the diagram for eligible areas.
- Scratches, scuffs and dents up to 300mm in length and 3mm deep.
- Stone chips up to 5mm in diameter and 1.5mm deep.
- Covers vulnerable panels including front and rear valances.
- Professionally repaired to immaculate standards.
Which panels of my car are covered? 3 Please note: For more information about SMART Cover please contact your supplying dealer or see the SMART policy document for full terms and conditions.
Before you claim:
- 1. How many claims can I make on my SMART Cover policy?
There is no limit on the number of claims you can make, however each individual claim is limited to £500, with a £3000 aggregate limit over the term of your SMART Cover policy.
- 2. Do I have to pay an excess?
Yes, there is a £10 excess on each claim, paid on the completion of the repair.
- 3. Will my motor insurance no-claims bonus be affected if I claim on my cover policy?
No, SMART Cover is completely separate from your motor Insurance policy.
- 4. How do I claim?
When you become aware of any minor damage, this must be reported within 30 days by contacting the claims line on 0800 077 8713. The claims team will talk you through the simple steps to assess your claim and arrange your repair.
The SMART App
You can also claim by downloading the SMART Insurance App. To download please scan the QR code or visit your app store for iPhone or Android.
- 1. Is the repair guaranteed?
Yes, all repairs are guaranteed for the lifetime of the vehicle whilst it remains in your possession.
- 2. Can I cancel my SMART Cover policy?
You can cancel your policy in the first 14 days and receive a full refund, provided no claim has been made. If you cancel after the first 14 days you will be entitled to a pro rata refund provided you have not made a claim. The refund is subject to a £29.99 administration fee.
- 3. What’s not covered under my SMART Cover policy?
Damage of any kind to wheels, rims or tyres. If any panel is ripped, holed, torn or perforated. Damage to beading, moulding, glass, lights or decals. Any damage that occurred before the policy start date. Scratches, scuffs and dents in the area shaded light blue in the diagram above.
- 4. Can I transfer the SMART Cover policy?
Yes, the remaining term of the policy can be transferred to a replacement vehicle if you sell the original. The transfer will be subject to an administration fee of £29.99.
- 5. Does the SMART Cover policy cover damage to other vehicles?
Only the vehicle detailed on the policy schedule is covered.
- 6. Who is covered by the policy?
The policy covers damage to your car irrespective of the driver.