Your Volkswagen MOT Cover has been designed to give you additional peace of mind when you need it most.
When you MOT your car at Barnetts Volkswagen, your next MOT is covered as we will pay the reasonable cost of repairing or replacing such part or parts of your vehicle listed below up to a maximum of £750 (inclusive of VAT) in the event of a part or parts covered herein cited on an official "Refusal of an MOT Certificate" (Form VT30) as the reason for your vehicle failing to pass the MOT test, in the United Kingdom, during the period of cover.
For more information or to book your MOT test call 01382 200222 or CLICK HERE
What is covered?
– Lighting Equipment: Front and rear lamps, headlamps, stop lamps, rear reflectors, direction indicators, hazard warning lamps, switches, tell tales, high intensity discharge (HID), LED headlamps, washing and levelling system, power steering malfunction indicator lamp (MIL), electronic parking brake MIL, illumination of speedometers, brake fluid level warning lamps, electronic stability control system MIL, tyre pressure monitoring system warning lamp.
– Steering and Suspension: Steering control, steering mechanism, power steering, transmission shafts, wheel bearings, front suspension, rear suspension, shock absorbers, wheel alignment, steering, suspension, brake, transmission dust covers/gaiters, and steering wheel locking mechanism. – Brakes: ABS warning system/controls, condition of service brake system, condition of parking brake system, service brake performance, parking brake performance, brake fluid levels where below the minimum indication.
– Seatbelts: All seatbelts mountings, their condition and operation; front driver’s and passenger seat mountings; driver’s seat adjustment mechanism, backrest security in an upright position and supplementary restraint systems (SRS) including airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners.
– General: Emission control systems including catalytic converter, electronic stability control system, fuel injection, engine mountings, ECU replacement as a result of calibration failure to meet MOT exhaust gas emission standards, horn, mirrors, registration plates, speedometer, driving controls, windscreen wipers and washers.
What is not covered?
We will not pay for:
– Bulbs, fuses, wiring, or connections
– Tyres or wheels
– Brake pads and shoes where the condition is wear-related
– Bodywork or glass
– Exhaust system
– Items listed as “advisory” only
– Adjustments, tuning or cleaning
– The first £10 of any claim
– The MOT Test or re-test fee
Your MOT Cover will cover the cost of repairs to your vehicle as a result of a part covered by this cover being cited on an official notification of refusal to issue an MOT certificate (VT30) being issued during the period of cover.
Significant features and benefits of the policy
The most we will pay is £750 inclusive of VAT.
You will need to pay the first £10 towards any claim (the excess).
Significant conditions and exclusions of the policy
We will not pay for items subject to wear and tear (such as bulbs, fuses, tyres etc).
We will not pay for repairs to bodywork or glass.
We will not pay for the MOT Test or re-test fee.
You must ensure your vehicle is serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations.
How long does your MOT Cover last?
Volkswagen MOT Cover lasts for 12 months. Your period of cover is shown on your Confirmation of Cover.
Who provides your cover?
Your Volkswagen MOT Cover is provided as a benefit of group insurance policy issued to Volkswagen UK by UK General Insurance on behalf of Ageas Insurance Ltd.
Your right to cancel
You may cancel this MOT Cover at any time, however as this has been provided free of charge there is no cancellation or surrender value.
How to make a claim
Take your vehicle to a Volkswagen Approved Retailer and show your Confirmation of Cover. If you need help finding your local Volkswagen Approved Retailer please go to www.volkswagen.co.uk. Your Volkswagen Approved Retailer will assess your vehicle and liaise with us on your behalf.
How to make a complaint
Contact our Customer Services Manager at:
If we have not resolved the situation within eight weeks we will provide you with information about the Financial Ombudsman Services.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
You may be entitled to compensation from the FSCS if the insurer cannot meet it’s obligations. This policy summary does not contain the full terms and conditions of your policy. These can be found in this Cover Booklet. You will also need to refer to your Confirmation of Cover.
Who provides your Volkswagen MOT Cover?
Volkswagen Financial Services is a trading name of Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Limited,
registered in England number: 2835230 (registered office: Brunswick Court, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands,
Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes MK14 5LR). Volkswagen Financial Services is authorised and regulated by
the Financial Conduct Authority.
Volkswagen UK is a trading division of Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Ltd (company registration
number 514809, VAT registration number 217990930) whose registered office is at Yeomans Drive,
Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5AN, a company authorised to conduct business in the United Kingdom
Volkswagen MOT Cover from Volkswagen Financial Services is administered by Lawshield (UK) Limited,
who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Volkswagen MOT Cover is underwritten by UK General Insurance Ltd on behalf of Ageas Insurance Ltd,
registered in England No: 354568 (registered office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park,
Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3YA).
UK General Insurance Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Ageas Insurance Ltd is authorised and registered by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated
by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. This can be checked on the
Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on
0800 111 6768. UK General Insurance Ltd is an insurer’s agent and in the matters of claims act on behalf
of the insurer.
Volkswagen Financial Services (UK) Ltd, Lawshield (UK) Ltd, UK General Insurance Ltd and Ageas
Insurance Ltd are not part of the same corporate group.